Suzuki group repertoire classes reinforce concepts and repertoire students learn in their individual lessons.
These group classes also develop tone and ear training through fun games and activities. Students listen to their friends while playing in unison in a supportive, fun environment. Non-Omaha Conservatory students welcomed, if studying Suzuki repertoire with their non-Omaha Conservatory teacher. One consistent caregiver is required to attend with the student. Ideally this would be the same guardian who is the home teacher for the student’s individual lessons.
In this class students learn:
- To be musically flexible and open to different interpretations
- To be a team member
- Advance their technique through review and development of new skills
- To follow instructions and participate in group activities
- To prepare for performances
In this class the caregiver is expected to:
- Attend and take notes on concepts covered to assist with home practice
- To practice with the child material and ideas worked on in class
- Arrive in plenty of time for class
- Support your student by refraining from distracting gestures, comments or critical looks and provide positive feedback for the student outside of class
Cost: $400 per year and includes all materials
- Get $100 off by enrolling in our Suzuki Strings program! Includes a Suzuki Repertoire class and an ensemble (students must be enrolled in individual lessons to qualify for this program).
- There is a $45 registration fee for new students.
- Starts on September 16, 32 weeks annually
- 5:15 – 6:00 p.m. or 6:00 – 6:45 p.m. (based on placement video)
- Starts on September 17, 32 weeks annually
- 6:15 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Book 4+ violin
- 6:15 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Book 4+ cello
PLEASE NOTE: This group requires a placement video. When you enroll, we will contact you about submitting a video. In the event your student’s instrument and level does not have minimum repertoire class enrollment, we will reach out to you to create a tailored educational path and plan for your student.