Omaha Conservatory of Music is looking for a guitar and fretted instrument artist-faculty member. This is a part-time position with the potential to grow to full-time. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) school that builds a diverse musical community to enrich lives through education and performance. With more than 600 private students, we offer lessons in violin, viola, cello, piano, guitar, voice, percussion, winds, brass, composition and theory.
- Provide weekly individual lessons for students ages 3+
- Instruct group classes and ensembles (if assigned)
- Attend faculty meetings and school events
- Maintain studio schedule and attendance records
- Communicate with studio families and staff
Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Music Performance or Music Education and 3 years of experience; Master’s Degree or DMA preferred. Must be able to teach guitar and ukulele. Preference for candidates who can teach other fretted instruments such as banjo, mandolin, bass guitar.
Salary: Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Start date: This position is for the 2021-2022 academic year. Position will remain open until filled.
Contact: Daniel Rooney, Administration and Finance Director
- Email cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com, subject line “Guitar Artist-Faculty”. Screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Omaha Conservatory of Music is an equal opportunity employer. We are an E-Verify employer, applicants must have legal authorization to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor H1-B Visa candidates.