Cello for Adults
Adult Cello is a great way for beginners to study cello in a group setting with your peers!
Adult Cello Level 1
This program utilizes the String Sprouts curriculum adapted for adults and features unique compositions to learn and practice basic music skills on the cello. By way of carefully constructed curriculum, excellent educators, and continuous guidance on practicing habits, you will exercise both discipline and creativity that will help you enjoy making music for years to come!
The class is designed for cello beginners 18+. Instruments are not provided. (Many instrument shops and luthiers offer rent-to-own options.) Upon completion of Adult Cello Level 1, it is recommended that students enroll in Adult Cello Level 2 and/or individual cello lessons.
This class includes:
- 28 one-hour classes
- Take-home practice plans
- Curriculum that makes learning a new instrument easier by breaking down skills in fun ways
- Take-home flashcards for practice
Adult Level 2
The class is designed for cello beginners 18+ who have completed Adult Cello Level 1 or equivalent. Instruments are not provided. (Many instrument shops and luthiers offer rent-to-own options.) Upon completion of Adult Cello Level 2, it is recommended that students enroll in individual cello lessons and our Chamber Ensembles (Myelin) program.
- Completion of Cello for Adults level 1 or equivalent:
- At least a semester of individual lessons
- Playing at a Suzuki Book 1A level or equivalent
- Some experience reading bass clef
- Ability to play in and identify notes in first position
- Level 1: Wednesdays, 5:30p.m. – 6:30p.m.
- Level 2: Wednesdays, 6:30p.m. – 7:30p.m.
- Starts on September 14, 2022 and runs 28 weeks annually
Financial Aid: To apply for aid for this class, first complete THIS FORM.
Instrument provided? No – Student must provide instrument