Get ready to learn how to play the drums!
Each trimester will introduce you to the many different styles of world percussion – genres like Street Percussion, Japanese Taiko, and Latin Beats! We’ll begin with simple rhythms and gradually move toward more advanced techniques such as stick twirling & sideways lunging. This class is for students of all skill levels. Bring your energy and an open mind to make some noise!
Caregiver attendance is mandatory for class for ages 6-8.
Winter & Spring sessions focus on:
- Japanese Taiko Drumming with Kokyo Taiko. Come experience this dynamic, thunderous, and powerful style of drumming that can be felt in your soul. Learn about the history and culture of this exciting choreographed art form.
- Street Beats with Omaha Street Percussion. Discover the music inside of you and get swept away with this visually appealing, highly energetic form of drumming, using only unorthodox forms of percussion. Get creative with pots, pans, trash cans, buckets, and sticks in this team spirited class!
- Winter Session: 1/8/24 – 2/26/24
- Winter Session
- Mondays / 7:00p.m. – 8:00p.m. (age 18+)
- Tuesdays / 6:00p.m. – 7:00p.m. (age 6-12)
Financial Aid: To apply for aid for this class, first complete THIS FORM.
Instrument provided? Yes!
We reserve the right to cancel classes that do not meet the minimum enrollment requirement, in which case tuition and fees will be refunded. Details about our refund and other policies are located HERE.