Dr. Shinichi Suzuki, a violinist and educator, stated, “Man is the son of his environment.” As parents, we strive to provide that essential climate where children can grow without any barriers to their success. The essence of the Suzuki philosophy is the “mother-tongue approach.” Dr. Suzuki realized that all children learn their native language with ease. Suzuki used this universally successful approach to learning a language as the basis for learning an instrument AND the Suzuki method was born!
The Suzuki philosophy teaches every child can learn through the mother-tongue approach and immersion in music as a second language. Families who join Suzuki Strings will experience this pathway to excellence with the support of the teacher-student-parent triangle, including access to our four-week Suzuki parent class at no additional cost!
The Omaha Conservatory Suzuki Strings program includes:
- A weekly individual lesson with a Suzuki-trained instructor
- A weekly group repertoire class with peers studying at the same level
- A four-week home teacher class for parents, designed to help prepare the family for a successful musical journey
- Participation in ensembles tailored to grow music reading skills in tandem with their repertoire progress. Growing Roots, Conservatory Players, Strings Chamber Ensembles, Cello Choir, and Frontier Strings are all eligible Omaha Conservatory ensemble programs. Placement video required for all except Growing Roots.
- *for Pre-Twinklers, repertoire and ensemble are combined into one weekly class called Growing Roots.
- Inspiring supplementary activities throughout the year, such as:
- Cost: $500 annual tuition and includes one ensemble and one repertoire class (placement based on audition). Students in this program must be enrolled in individual lessons at OCM.
- Save $100 by bundling the ensemble and repertoire class!
- Please Note: In the event your student’s instrument and level does not have minimum repertoire class enrollment, we will reach out to you to create a tailored educational path and plan for your student.
RETURNING STUDENTS: Re-enrollment is open to returning OCM students from April 24-July 31. To re-enroll please log in to your FACTS Family Portal (ParentsWeb) account. Open enrollment for new students begins May 17!