New lessons posted on Wednesdays each week!
All Conservatory students will be automatically enrolled in the class, free of charge!
Theory Tidbits is a free online classroom for Conservatory students to participate and learn about music history and theory with their peers throughout the academic year. There will be 12 weeks of lessons posted in the class online each semester as well as videos, readings, and other fun activities that boost the basic understanding of music theory — the essential building block of music. This class is separate from our music theory group classes, which are workbook-based.
How to access the theory tidbits online classroom
New and returning students can access both modules by creating an account on the Conservatory’s website. Easy to follow instructions are below for creating your account.
Creating a Login
- Go to https://omahacm.org/membership-join/membership-registration/
- Enter a Username, your email address, a password, and your first and last names.
- Click “Register”
- Check for an email from email@example.com with the subject “Action Required to Activate Your Account” and click on the link to verify your email address. (NOTE: It may take a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.)
- Please note: only one login per family is needed to access the content on the Resources Portal, just make sure you submit quizzes for multiple students inside each lesson. Older students within the same family who have their own email are welcome to create their own Resources Portal account.
Accessing the Resources Portal
- After following the emailed link, you should be able to log in to the resource page with your chosen username and password. Head to https://omahacm.org/resources/ to login
Once you’re logged in, you can access all materials, quizzes, and videos for both Theory Tidbits and Music Rewind by clicking on the class you want that corresponds with your age group. Theory Tidbits is for students of all ages.
- To access the resource page in the future, go to https://omahacm.org/resources/ and click “Login to Resources” to enter your username and password. We hope you have fun learning!
- For a PDF of full login instructions, including how to change your password after logging on, please click here.