Every student at the Conservatory can participate in online lessons and quizzes that are sent out weekly and are inspired by music from distant times and stories of the world’s greatest musicians who started off just like they did! Each semester culminates in a music carnival and performance by the Conservatory’s artist-faculty in full period costume — tights and all!
Music Rewind Quizbowl
Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 10 a.m.
Participants will compete virtually for epic bragging rights on all things Romantic Era. Those who participate in the free online music history class in FACTS LMS will have an advantage – it’s not too late to jump online and brush up your Romantic Era knowledge.
Quizbowl is FREE for all Conservatory students! – sign up below to receive the invitation to the real-time Zoom event!
Music Rewind: 2020/2021
What is the music rewind online history module?
This is a free online classroom for Conservatory students to participate and learn about music history with their peers throughout the academic year. There will be weekly postings of videos, short readings, and other activities, as well as an opportunity to test musical knowledge of the past. At the end of the semester, we will have a big celebration of Music History featuring fun, games, and prizes along with live performances of music representing our semester’s journey.
Who can participate in music rewind?
The Music Rewind online history module and celebration at the end of each semester is open to every student studying at Omaha Conservatory of Music — absolutely 100% free! Pretty neat, right?
How to access the music rewind online classroom
FACTS LMS gives you an opportunity to use the Learning Management System (LMS) to interact with a classroom environment — all via the Internet. FACTS LMS is a private and secure student area that will allow students to connect with students and teachers online, including accessing class materials, uploading assignments, participating in classroom discussions, and taking quizzes.
Here’s how to access the LMS:
- In your internet browser go to lms.renweb.com
- Type the school’s District Code OCM-NE
- Type the student’s username. Your student’s username is the first initial of their first name plus their last name. For example, if your student is named Zach Kelley, their username would be zkelley. If you have two students with the same first initial, one student (the one who comes next in the alphabet) will have the number 1 after their username. For example, if your second student was named Zoe Kelley, their username would be zkelley1.
- Please note usernames can also be changed after you login if you would like to change it to something else for your student.
- Type the student’s Password. Your student’s password is Music123. Please change your password to something personalized the first time you log in.
- Click Login.
- For a PDF of full login instructions, including how to change your password after logging on, please click here.
The Fun Awaits! Click Here!