Every student at the Conservatory can participate in online lessons and quizzes that are sent out weekly and are inspired by music from distant times and stories of the world’s greatest musicians who started off just like they did!
Music Rewind: 2021/2022
What is the music rewind online history module?
This is a free online classroom for Conservatory students to participate and learn about music history with their peers throughout the academic year. There will be weekly postings of videos, short readings, and other activities, as well as an opportunity to test musical knowledge of the past. At the end of the semester, we will have a big celebration of Music History featuring fun, games, and prizes along with live performances of music representing our semester’s journey.
Who can participate in music rewind?
The Music Rewind online history module and celebration at the end of each semester is open to every student studying at Omaha Conservatory of Music — absolutely 100% free! Pretty neat, right?
How to access the music rewind online classroom
New and returning students can access both modules by creating an account on the Conservatory’s website. Easy to follow instructions are below for creating your account.
Creating a Login
- Go to https://omahacm.org/membership-join/membership-registration/
- Enter a Username, your email address, a password, and your first and last names.
- Click “Register”
- Check for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Action Required to Activate Your Account” and click on the link to verify your email address. (NOTE: It may take a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.)
- Please note: only one login per family is needed to access the content on the Resources Portal, just make sure you submit quizzes for multiple students inside each lesson. Older students within the same family who have their own email are welcome to create their own Resources Portal account.
Accessing the Resources Portal
- After following the emailed link, you should be able to log in to the resource page with your chosen username and password. Head to https://omahacm.org/resources/ to login
Once you’re logged in, you can access all materials, quizzes, and videos for both Theory Tidbits and Music Rewind by clicking on the class you want that corresponds with your age group. Music Rewind is broken down into two lesson age groups: 5-12 and 12+
- To access the resource page in the future, go to https://omahacm.org/resources/ and click “Login to Resources” to enter your username and password. We hope you have fun learning!
- For a PDF of full login instructions, including how to change your password after logging on, please click here.