Winds Chamber Ensembles
Our Chamber Ensembles programs provide a structured coaching, rehearsal and performance experience that facilitates high-level chamber music collaboration among students.
Participants learn how to be independent musicians while working with their peers to foster cooperation and teamwork. The experience is pedagogically sequenced to fit the playing levels of all participants and students are grouped by playing level and age. Omaha Conservatory Chamber Ensembles may have the opportunity to work with guest chamber music clinicians. Students prepare repertoire for class recitals. Additional coachings and performance opportunities may be offered.
Chamber Ensembles includes 30 minutes of coaching back to back with a 30 minute (optional) rehearsal room reservation (in the same coaching space). Students will be placed in an ensemble based on their playing level, as determined by the audition. Requests to be in a group with a friend or friends will be considered, but may or may not be honored.
This class is for intermediate and advanced middle and high school students age 12+. Students will be placed in an ensemble based on their playing level, as determined by the audition.
- Tuesdays, 6–7 PM (ages 12–18)
Class Schedule: Starts on September 13 and runs 24 weeks annually (12 week semesters)
- Ability to read music, familiarity with accidentals, rhythmically solid with dotted notes and ties
- playing range up to E at the top of the treble staff
- playing range up to D above the staff, ability to read in the keys of B Flat, E Flat and F Major
- playing range up to E Flat top spaces of staff, ability to read in the keys of B Flat, C Major and F Major
- playing range up to middle line D of staff, ability to read in the keys of B Flat, E Flat and F Major
- Ability to read music, play 2-3 major scales (2 octaves) and play a 1-octave chromatic scale
Audition Information & Instructions: This is an auditioned ensemble that requires a placement video. When you apply, we will contact you about submitting a placement video. Record a video of yourself playing your most polished piece. Upload it as an unlisted YouTube video or Google Drive file, so you can share the link to your video in the Audition form. If you need help with this step, please email email@example.com
Sign up here!
We reserve the right to cancel classes that do not meet the minimum enrollment requirement, in which case tuition and fees will be refunded. Details about our refund and other policies are located HERE.
Students will learn:
- How to rehearse effectively as an ensemble
- How to be sensitive to other musicians
- Development of musical independence & leadership skills
- How to refine interpretation of a piece of music
- A broader understanding of chamber music as a whole and its historical significance